- Needs and wants are taken care of in a forceful and self-serving way.
- Uses intimidation, power, and status
- Strong need to control and dominate others
- Fears rejection
- May accomplish personal desire and goals.
- Tends to alienate people, create distrust and tension, and undermine the ability to establish lasting and healthy relationships.
Manipulative or Passive-Aggressive Behavior
- Needs and wants are taken care of in an indirect, cunning, deceptive, and crafty way with ulterior motives in mind.
- Game player (using pouting, looking hurt, silence, dropping hints, flirting, giving or withholding attention or caring, and other indirect methods to manipulate people)
- Uses double messages (say one thing and mean another)
- Hides real feelings and intentions
- Inward feelings and outward expressions often incongruent
- Gets defensive and angry when caught manipulating
- Strong need for approval and attention
- Insecure but wears façade
- Distrusts others
- May be successful in manipulating others in indirect ways.
- Undermines credibility and trust .
- Causes them to lose touch with real self and real feelings.